Ananda Sukarlan Award (ASA) International Piano Competition aims to find talented pianists who are expected to follow and continue the vision, mission and artistic achievements of the great Indonesian pianist & composer who lends his name for this competition.
The competition is open for pianists of any nationality.
The competition will be held at Erasmus Huis (Jakarta), Jl. Rasuna Said (Kuningan), Indonesia on June 23rd-28th, 2014.
All rounds will be open for general public
SENIOR category: Those who were born after June 10th, 1988
JUNIOR category: Those who were born after June 10th, 1997
ELEMENTARY Category: Those who were born after June 10th, 2002
LITTLE ELEMENTARY category: Those who were born after June 10th, 2004
A participant is allowed to participate in a maximum of two categories, as long as he/she meets all the requirements.
The registration forms can be obtained via email below beginning November 1st, 2013. Registration form and all application documents should be submitted by May 22nd, 2014.
The following documents must be sent with registration form.Please do not send original manuscripts since NO DOCUMENTS WILL BE RETURNED.
1. The registration fee for the Senior category is Rp. 950,000. For the Junior category was Rp. 750,000. For the Elementary category is Rp.550.000. For the Little Elementary category is Rp. 450.000 Payments should not be made later than May 22nd, 2014. The registration fee is not refundable.
Special prices for early birds who pay the registration fees up to February 22nd, 2014 (repertoire can be submitted up till June 10th, 2012). Please contact email@example.com or +62 818 891038 for this case.
If you would like to have the score of the obligatory pieces please add Rp. 100.000 to each book. Obligatory pieces may NOT be performed with fotocopy papers (participants are asked to show the original scores with their signature on the registration of the competition before they perform on the first round). Those scores are:
-Rapsodia Nusantara no. 6-10
-Alicia’s First Piano Book
-Alicia’s Second Piano Book
-Alicia’s Third Piano Book
Please state in your transfer that the payment is “free of charge to the recipient”
2. 3 (three) pieces of good quality and decent photos for publication, not more than 4 x 6 cm, or 3 softcopy images at least 300 dpi JPEG format and stored on a CD.
3. Legalized photocopy of birth certificate, or other legal document stating the age and citizenship of the participant.
4. Biographies of participant, typed in no more than 100 words.
5. List of teachers of the participant arranged in chronological order.
1. Participants who provide inaccurate or confusing data will be disqualified.
2. Serial number for appearing in the preliminary round will be drawn at the opening of the competition. Participants who reached the Final Round will use the same serial number.
3. Participants who do not appear at the turn will be disqualified. In case of illness or accident, medical certificate must be shown, and the Jury may change the order of appearance of participants concerned.
4. The entire work at the Semi Final Round are performed without reading sheet music. The works in the Final Round can be performed by reading scores, but the committee will not provide the page opener.
5. Participants are advised to take the best advantage of time given in each round of competition.
6. This competition will be open to the public audience, and can be displayed directly or indirectly through radio, television and / or film.
7. Participants who have attended the ASA 2012 in the same category are not allowed to play the same repertoire he/she played in 2012 .
8. Partiipants are required to take care by themselves the transportations from his home-city to Surabaya as well as accomodations in Surabaya. However, the organizer will provide the names of hotels close to the location of the competition that give special rates for the participants on the dates of the competition. The organizer will also provide limited shuttle buses from certain hotels (partner of the competition) to the location of the competition.
By participating in this competition, participants agree that:
1. This competition has the full rights, without liability of any compensation to the participant, to:
a. Document and publish all stages of the competition, whether in the form of audio, visual, audio or visual, for the benefit of mass media and / or other purposes.
b. Producing documentary and / or features.
c. Produce and distribute recordings throughout the stages of the competition, either in whole or in part, including concert winners of the competition, immediately after the competition ended.
2. He/she will be willing to be interviewed or featured in the media at the time of the competition.
3. The winners must include the title/prize achieved in this competition, in Publication materials of him/herself in the future.
For more information and registration, contact Chendra Panatan in 0818.8910.38 (not via SMS) and firstname.lastname@example.org, or via twitter @anandasukarlan
Below the Indonesian version of this information are the repertory for the Ananda Sukarlan Award International Piano Competition